Penne from Guy's own "Johnny Garlic's" in Windsor, CA

On October 21st, 2009 I found myself parting company with a coworker that I had just spent three days traveling with. (Yep, that's bad sentence structure. Get used to it) I was about to head 250 miles north and punched a few addresses into my GPS of places from Diners, Drive-ins and Dives, only to find that I was 4 miles from Guy's own place; Johnny Garlicks!

I was surprised at how small the place was. About the size of a 7-11 store, or a small local bar.

After a few minutes salivating at the menu I decided that the Penne with Spicy Shrimp and Sausage needed to be in my belly! Ahead of the dish came a warm basket of facatcha bread and a dish of olive oil. How can they know me so well already?


It was very good. The menu said it was spicy, but you know me. The actual name of the dish was Penne with Cajun Hot Links & Chipotle Shrimp. The chipotle was actually blended into a wonderful cream sauce. The first half of the plate was fine; just the right amount of burn, but by the end my tongue was a flame and my mouth was like a radiator. This is just the way I like it!


By the end my face was flush and my tummy satisfied. Yummy.

www.johnnygarlics.com

No comments:

Post a Comment