While "I want to be in America!" ran through my head, Puerto Rico danced in my mouth!

On Oct 18, 2009 I had a delicious dinner at Sol Food, a Puerto Rican restaurant in San Rafael, California.

Pictured at right was my plate of Pollo Al Horno, which is boneless, skinless chicken thighs marinated with oragano and garlic which is then baked. While I'm not much of a bean guy, I decided to give them a try, and boy am I glad I did! It was served with beans, rice, wonderfully sweet plantains and about a rain-forest worth of a green salad. Awesome!

Not a bad cellphone pic either, if I do say so myself.

They have a funky web site, and if you stop by the restaurant you should know that they have a small, mostly carry-out location, and about a block away they have a larger sit-down location. I didn't realize that until AFTER I dines at the carry-out.

www.solfoodrestaurant.com

No comments:

Post a Comment